Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lean Cuisine- Chicken Fettucini Alfredo

Photobucket
How can pasta and cheese be bad?
Well, that was the question I asked myself. I like Stouffers regular fettucini Alfredo. The sauce is peppery, creamy and cheesy. The pasta while normally a little soft for my taste at the very least isn't over cooked.

This however does not translate over well to the Lean Cuisine version.

Let's start with the sauce. It's watery and thin- yes, I expected it to be less rich then the regular version. But there is no reason that it still could not have been as peppery or have a stronger cheese taste.
The Pasta is just plain not good. It was gummy. I still haven't figured that one out. I have never had this happen with any of the Stouffers regular version so I am wondering if this was just an over cooked batch.
The chicken isn't bad. The breast meat stays moist and there is a generous portion. The broccoli is standard issue frozen broccoli- but that works for me. In this type of pasta I like my broccoli soft.

If not for the blandness of the sauce this would be a perfectly do able Mac and Cheese option. But as it stands there is just not enough flavor to make it worth the while.

No comments: