Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Philly Swirl Ice Cream Cupcakes

Photobucket
Cupcakes AND ice cream in one snack!

I admit I am a fan of the ice cream cake. Sadly I am the only one in my immediate family who likes them. Since I can't eat a whole cake by myself (OK, I could. But just because I could does not mean I should!) when I got an email from Debby with Philly Swirl asking if I would like to try a sample of the new Ice Cream Cupcakes I jumped at the chance.

The cup cakes come in classic chocolate and vanilla.

The Chocolate:
The "frosting" on top of the cup cake was good. It reminded me of frozen chocolate mousse. The sprinkles added a nice crunch. The ice cream is smooth and sweet but doesn't have much flavor. The cupcake had a weird combination texture of dry and oily. It reminded me of off brand knock offs of Hostess Cupcakes.

The Vanilla:
The frosting on the vanilla reminded me vaguely of cotton candy. Very, VERY sweet. Sort of like Cool Whip with extra sugar added. The sprinkles in this case just make it even sweeter. The ice cream is still flavorless. The cupcake texture on the vanilla is better, more like real cake. It tasted like bad wedding cake though.

I love the IDEA of this snack I just did not like the cupcakes themselves.

PURCHASED FROM:
Sample From Company

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! I love the idea of the snack also! I think I remember passing some ice cream chain in the mall that does ice cream cup cakes but I don't remember what brand it was. The look so pretty!

Whoosh said...

I really want to try these!