Sunday, October 5, 2008

BlueBerry Pop Tarts

Photobucket
Pop Tarts. Has there ever been a better vehicle for thin frosting and somewhat real fruit filling?

No, no there has not.
Much like the long time feud between Barry Manilow fans and Neil Diamond fans, there is a similar school of thought with Pop Tart eaters. You either like them hot and toasty or straight from the box. I am a straight from the box eater.

I love the blueberry tarts. The blueberry filling is tart without being bitter. But at the same time it is not so sweet that it is not believable as once having been real fruit. I seem to remember the frosting on top being thicker in the old days and having real sprinkles rather then what appears to be faux sprinkles on the top. But that's ok. As I get older I should probably eat less frosting anyway.
The pastry was also soft and tender and relatively flavorless- but why get in the way of the sugar.

While I am sure there are certainly better breakfast foods out there these will always be one of my favorites.
PURCHASED FROM:
Albertsons Supermarket


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the Fiber One toaster pastries? They are indistinguishable from the Pop-Tarts, but have more protein and fiber.

Also, try the Blueberry Pop-tart frozen... Yum!