Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Daelmans Jumbo Stroopwafels

Photobucket
Stroopwafels are one of those things I don't keep in the house often because they are so good that the bag will be gone before I know it.

Stroopwafels for those not in the know is a thin waffle that has been sliced into two pieces down the middle. Then a filling of some sort (my favorite is caramel) is spread between the two halves and they are then placed back together. Eating one is so good it makes puppies smile.

A common way to eat them is with coffee or tea. You place the waffle over the top of the cop and allow the steam to warm the waffle and melt the filling.

I like them stright from the package. They are buttery smelling.
For me, the part I like the best is the texture. It's chewy, but crispy. The caramel even un-warmed is soft and ribbony. If you have never had one you should- trust me.


PURCHASED FROM:
The Dutch Bakery Ontario Cal
Visit they're website!: Dutch Variety Foods

3 comments:

GS said...

OK girl, your review made me want to raid all supermarkets in my town looking for that caramel-y goodness :P

Unknown said...

These are worth the trip to the store!

The bags of the mini sized are actually pretty easy to find. Trader Joes & World Market always have them.
I have also found them at Publix, Vons, Ralphes/Kroger and Albertson's supermarkets. Some of the markets have them in the cookie aisle others keep them in with International food.

Let me know what you think when you try them!

NJ-Woman said...

I never heard of these, but damn, that description is killing me. I MUST find them! I already know that I'll love them!