Sunday, November 23, 2008

Starbucks Signature Hot Chocolate- Salted Caramel

Photobucket
Starbucks jumps on the salted caramel band wagon!
This is one of the new "Signature" line. It's hot chocolate made with milk. It has caramel added and is topped with a mix of sea salt and Turbinado sugar. Blah, blah, blah what does it taste like?

Smokey is about the best overall description I could come up with. The chocolate it's self is the the classic Starbucks hot chocolate. The caramel does seem to be a little too strong- sadly that as a rule is my biggest complaint with Starbucks and any of they're caramel drinks is that they tend to go overboard with it. I am all for caramel- I just don't want to feel like I am drowning in it. The salt is there almost as an after thought during the drink- but the salt/sugar mix that they sprinkle on the top of the whipped cream is hands down the best part! I wouldn't mind using that on ice cream!

All in all, I have to say that I actually preferred the regular hot chocolate to this version but I did love that topping!

PURCHASED FROM:
Starbucks

No comments: