Monday, September 21, 2009

Mousse Temptations by JELL-O: Caramel Crème



In case you missed it last week, I reviewed the first in the new line of Jell-O Mousse Temptations: the Dark Chocolate Decadence flavor. And it is no exaggeration to say I would officially do very bad things for just one more cup.

Next in the line up is the Caramel Crème.



Just like its Dark Chocolate Decadence sibling, the mousse is sugar-free and comes in at only 60 calories. The texture is just as light and fluffy -- actually, I think the caramel version is even a little more airy. And once again, I have to give hats off to the good folks at Jell-O for coming up with the mousse idea. The texture of the mousse perfectly covers (or actually rids) the dessert of the waxy, weird mouthfeel that can haunt sugar-free, low fat puddings.



But how does it taste?

It's a very milky, sweet caramel. It reminded me most of flan; especially the crème caramel version of flan (read the Wikipedia entry, wonderfully HERE). There is sort of a custardy quality to it (though sadly, not that great thick topping flan has). But at the same time it reminded me of a lighter -- in terms of flavor -- version of the classic butterscotch.

I'm not going to lie; it didn't come anywhere near equaling, let alone topping, the Dark Chocolate Decadence. But that would be pretty hard to do, because the Dark Chocolate Decadence kicks some serious butt. It's still pretty good, though.


PURCHASED FROM:
Sample From Company



2 comments:

Nikkicute said...

Hmmm I just saw an ad for this in Good HouseKeeping Magazine!! I definitely want to try the caramel and milk chocolate.

Unknown said...

Nikkicute: They are SOOO good. If I had to rank the three flavors I would do it like this:
1. Dark Chocolate
2. Milk Chocolate
3. Caramel

I keep hoping they are going to expend the line with maybe a vanilla or a chocolate mint.