Monday, October 12, 2009

Orbit Mist: Spearmint Spritzer



I don't like the word "spritzer." It reminds me of old ladies and annoying eighties-era women with big crunchy hair and huge shoulder pads, drinking cheap white wine watered down with seltzer. (And don't even get me started on the men, so-called, who fell into that habit back in the day. Suffice to say I think few of them would admit it now; no more than they'd willingly show you those old pictures of themselves with their A Flock of Seagulls haircuts!)


Anyway, virulent anti-Spritzer prejudice aside...a few months ago, I reviewed the other Orbit Mist mint flavor: Peppermint Spray. I liked it enough that I finished the pack, but I am more of a spearmint fan than a peppermint fan.

Well, lookie what we have here! It's as if the fine folks at Orbit totally read my little mind! So what am I thinking of now, Orbit dudes and dudettes? If you guessed hot Greek bus driver from "My Life In Ruins," then you people are good...very, very good. If not...have you seen that guy?! I mean, c'mon! Just take a look:



Errrrmm...weren't we supposed to be talking about gum...?



Yes, gum! The Orbit Mist Spearmint Spritzer smells really good right off the bat. It's like a cross between spearmint leaves candy, and toothpaste (and believe it or not, I mean that in a good way).

In terms of taste, that is also a pretty fair comparison. It's fairly sweet and it has a grainy, sort of crunchy texture -- which reminded me a lot of the sugar crystals that encrust candy spearmint leaves. At the same time, the mint is brisk enough that it leaves a nice clean feeling in your mouth.

The main feature of this gum is that in addition to tasting great, it's supposed to make your mouth feel extra-hydrated. And yes, there is some bit of magic in it that does make your mouth more moist. Don't know how it works, don't care either. It works, and it's damn good.

Everything about this gum is worthy of a Greek god!



PURCHASED FROM:
Albertsons Supermarket

1 comment:

shawcalete said...

I just bought a pack of Spearmint sprizer gum, expecting to see the cute little green swirl gum wrapper instead i got the grey swirls, so I take it, it was a missed wrapped pack.....I'm going to still by another pack because i really enjoy the gum.