Sunday, November 18, 2007

Edy's Samoa Girl Scout Cookie Ice Cream

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
When I was younger I had wanted to be a Girl Scout really badly- until I found out that they did not in fact bake the cookies or have an endless supply of said cookies. That pretty much killed any desire I had to pull on that rockin' sash and Baret.


But every year when those green glad army's of giggling girls desend on the parking lots of my local Mega Marts and gyms (ok I made that last one up- but think about it. I bet it would be a gold mine!) I have been known to spend an embaressing amount on Samoas and Thin Mints. Oh Samoas! the perfect cookie! Chewy, soft, chocolatly, and the toasted coconut!... hang on a second I need a personal moment................

Ok, I feel better now. Edy's (Dreyers to those of you out west) has a way of combining two of the things I love most, ice cream and Samoas. The ice cream base is a mild caramel that is studded with chunks of Samoa cookie. Honestly all things considered the ice cream it's self isn't all that special. it's not all that rich and is too airy for my tastes. The caramel flavor is on the weaker side but those addicting bits of cookie more then make up for where the ice cream it's self leaves off. Yes, it's that good.

If you love these cookies even a fraction of the way I do you have got to try this ice cream.


No comments: