Sunday, November 4, 2007

Honet Nut Chex

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's a honey of an- oh wrong cereal!

Just with the name alone Honey Nut makes me think of Honey Nut Cheerios. Because of word association alone I was expecting that the Chex would taste like the Cheerios. They are both made by General Mills so it wasn't the craziest thing to assume.

Unlike the Cheerio version the Honey Nut Chex has a much subtler tastes. The honey didn't really taste like honey to me. The Chexs are glossy with sugary glaze but all you get from that is well sugar.
The nut comes off as the lightest trace possible of fake almond.

The cereal does hold it's crunch so long it can compete with Captain Crunch. I personally like my cereal on the soggy side but if you are patient enough it will get there.

Honestly as a cereal I wasn't crazy about it, it's not bad but it's just not bold enough for me. That said I think this would be a great addition to homemade Chex mix!


No comments: