Thursday, June 10, 2010

Carl's Jr. Teriyaki Six Dollar Burger



Every single time I see ads for this sandwich, all I can think of is the Big Kahuna Burger that has been featured in probably every Quentin Tarantino movie (and some of Robert Rodriguez's, as well). And Samuel L. Jackson did say that it was a mighty tasty burger. Who am I to argue with Motherfarking Samuel L. Jackson? When Samuel says something is good, you take his motherfarking word for it, motherfarker!

Unless you're me, and then you still try it for yourself -- risking life, limb, and likely a motherfarking pimp slap.

Carl's Jr. offers several versions of this burger, including single, double, and Six Dollar version. Since the only meat from Carl's that I really like is the Six Dollar burger, that's what I got.



The burger is served on a sesame seed bun with teriyaki glaze, grilled pineapple, two slices of Swiss cheese, red onion, lettuce, tomato and (normally) mayo. Sorry guys, just like when I reviewed the Chicken Teriyaki sandwich, I just can't hang with the idea of mayo and teriyaki sauce together. I know this sort of goes against my review-it-as-it-comes mantra -- but I have made peace with it, and so should you.



The lettuce, of course, is the standard fast food Iceberg, so there's some crunch. The tomatoes added a nice, juicy bite. The Swiss cheese...well, it's there, and it's a cheese-type product. It's not bad, it's not good, it's just sort of there. As for the bread, I always like Carl's buns. They toast well and hold up to even the goopiest of toppings.



Much like the chicken version, the pineapple is canned, but it is sweet and juicy. The teriyaki sauce really stands up well to the Six Dollar patty -- which is thicker and more peppery than the "normal" patties. It's salty, but the meat cuts it better than the chicken version did. And yes, like the chicken version, once the sandwich cools down the sauce does seem more intense. It's true that this burger is every bit as messy as it looks on TV, but that's OK because it is also every bit as good as you would hope.



PURCHASED FROM:
Carl's Jr.

CALORIES:

840 calories per sandwich.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE:

carlsjr.com

No comments: