Monday, July 13, 2009

Godiva Chocoiste Pearls: Dark Chocolate with Mandarin Orange



I have gone through more than a few of the mint Godiva Pearls, and I knew that the orange existed, but hadn't spotted them. I found this tin at an airport kiosk, of all places!



The Godiva Chocoiste Pearls are small glossy spheres of flavored chocolate. This particular flavor is made with dark chocolate. As far as dark chocolate goes, it is pretty mild. There are faint coffee notes and the chocolate does have a slightly bitter edge. But it reminded me more of a semi-sweet chocolate chip than of Godiva's normal dark chocolate.



The orange is good. It's vibrant and so natural I was expecting...well, hoping, really..for little bits of candied zest. Sadly, there is no candied zest, but I think I knew better than to actually expect any. You can never have too much candied zest.

And we all know how much I love attractive packaging. I love the little tins the pearls come in. I have reused all of mine.



The only thing I didn't like about the pearls was the texture. Part of the problem is that the chocolate is waxy. It looks great; it does look like a shiny chocolate pearl, but it keeps the melt from being as smooth as it could be. Once you are past the outer shell it does smooth out a bit, but it's not what you would normally get with Godiva. If they could even out the texture issues and make the dark chocolate darker, these would easily rate a 9.

As is, however, they get:



PURCHASED FROM:
Random kiosk at LaGuardia Airport, New York City




No comments: