Thursday, July 9, 2009

Oreo Fudge Sundae Creme: Limited Edition



There aren't nearly enough limited edition Oreos for my taste.

The possibilities are pretty much endless, flavor-wise. I would love to see a green tea (actually, Japanese Oreos are made in a huge variety of flavors... and Jim got to review a Green Tea Oreo Bar.) But Green Tea aside, Fudge Sundae sounds like a pretty good combo to me.

Once again, the cookie is simply the classic Oreo cookie. It's crisp, it's chocolaty, it's happiness with filling.



What's different is that filling. It's a mix of the classic Oreo "white" stuffing and a chocolate creme. The white creme doesn't really have a flavor beyond sweet.



The chocolate is the larger of the two portions of creme. I haven't had one of the chocolate filled Oreos since they came out, and I don't really remember what it tasted like--but I am working on the assumption that it is the same creme. What this does remind me of is the old school EL Fudge creme. It tastes more like the idea of what chocolate should taste like, rather than real chocolate. I say that because there is that distinct coconutty taste that cheap chocolate often has. When the two cremes are eaten together, the chocolate side completely overpowers the white side. Kinda of un-sundaelike, but it's a cookie so we'll just get over it.

Personally, I don't like the chocolate very much--which reminds me of why I haven't bought them in years. But if you are a fan of the chocolate creme, you will probably really like this flavor. Otherwise...eh, forgettable.



PURCHASED FROM:
WalMart*



No comments: