Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Claim Jumper- Green Tea & Ginger Creme Brulee

Photobucket
There are few desserts I love more then Creme Brulee
The thing is I next to never actually order desserts out. When I do it is pretty much always something like creme brulee.

For those of you not familiar with the Claim Jumper chain they are a west coast based chain that is known mostly for they're HUGE portions. The portions are so big they make Cheesecake Factories portions look small. You may have seen they're Mother Load chocolate cake slice for sale in your local grocery store (or Wal*Mart). I don't think I have ever been able to finish even half of whatever I have ordered at any given meal.
The desserts are so big you could invite about 160 of your closest friends to share one and you would still have leftovers. When I saw the Green Tea & Ginger Creme Brulee on the menu I was tempted but figured since I would be eating it alone (and creme brulee is not take out friendly) that I would have to pass. The server however let me know that the brulees (they offer three altogether) are served in smaller portions then the other desserts. I figured this meant I would only be able to share with 80 of my closest friends but I really wanted to try so I ordered it anyway.

I was happily surprised to find that when they said it was a petite serving they meant it! the brulee is served in a small demitasse cup. it is about 4 oz's. Personally I think that's the perfect size for a brulee.

How did it taste?
I had been hoping for a strong green tea flavor. Unfortunatly, I didn't get that at all. If there most be next to no green tea in the brulee because there is just no sense of it. The ginger is bright and clean though. Someone who is less of a ginger fan then I am might find it on the strong side- I loved it!
The brulee was rich and creamy with just the right amount of custard. I hate when creme brulee tastes too eggy. The only thing I would have preferred would have been actually tasting the green tea.

PURCHASED FROM:
Claim Jumper Resturant




No comments: