Sunday, July 27, 2008

Jet-Puffed Chocomallows

Photobucket
Remember a review ago when I mentioned that when I see something new that I am really excited about trying I squeal like an 8 year old?
Today I learned that the middle of Target may not be the best place to do that. It's pretty bad when even the little kids stop and look at you like maybe you shouldn't leave the house without your "special medicine" yeah, well you probably would have done that too if you had stumbled across chocolate marshmallows!

I saw chocolate marshmallows and got a bag in my cart so fast I may or may not have knocked out several children and at least one old lady. What can I say?- I really like marshmallows!

Now I have to admit that when I picked them up in the store I didn't actually bother to read the label (I don't need to read no stinking labels...) I thought that these were regular marshmallows that were covered in cocoa powder. In actuality the marshmallows are chocolate all the way through.

I tired them "raw" first, straight from the package. There is a definite chocolatey flavor but it is not overly strong. The flavor it's self if sort of like the same "chocolate" you get from say Cocoa Krispy's. It's not bad, but it's not very intense. I think had they been coated in cocoa it would have been a big improvement.

I also tried it "toasted" now since my apartment complex doesn't allow us to cook with an open flame so it took a long time over my electric range- but eventually it will sort of toast. Although it was not a proper toasting I can tell you that heating the marshmallows does bring out more of the chocolate flavor. They went from tasting like Cocoa Krispy's to the stronger flavor of Cocoa Puffs. I don't consider that a selling point.

All in all I actually liked eatting them stright from the bag. They were just chocolaty enough that it solved a chocolate craving. I will have to try making Smores with them!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Smore's with chocolatey Marshmallow :O *drooooools* let us know how they turn out!