Monday, December 17, 2007

Haagen-Dazs Rum Raisin Ice Cream

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Rum Raisin is one of those staple flavors that have been around forever and I had always overlooked it in favor of some of the more modern or exotic options
My best friend however (insert Edwin shout out here) has been fiercly loyal to both Cherry Vanilla and Rum Raisin for years. Since my local Mega Marts still aren't stocking the POM offerings Haagen Dazs has I decided to give one of my friends favorites a try (I already love cherry vanilla)

First I was pleasently to peruse the ingredient list and find that Rum Raisin actually contains rum! I had always assumed (and you know what happens when you assume) that the rum flavor came from artifical means. The ice cream is a base of creamy rum flavor. There is definatly some vanilla in the back ground but there is no mistaking the rum.

The raisins were the best part to me. They were large and hands down the softest, plumpest raisin I have ever had. I had no idea that raisins could be that soft!
I may not have gotten the allure of Rum Raisin before but I am a full on covert now!

PURCHASED FROM:
Publix Supermarket

No comments: