Wednesday, December 12, 2007

KFC Little Bucket Parfait- Lemon Creme

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ah KFC parfaits... When I was but a young whipper snapper they were the highlight of any KFC dinner.


And as an adult who doesn't like chicken (yes, I am well aware that I am a freak) they are pretty much the only reason I go there now for myself.

My local KFC has started carrying the Lemon Creme version and since I am obsessed with lemon I opted to pass on my regular chocolate one.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So what does it taste like?.
Well the top layer is of course the Cool Whip-type topping that all of the other parfaits are topped with.
The next layer is the lemon. Flavor wise it's pretty good. Tart and it could almost pass for natural lemon! what's weird is the texture. Rather then being creamy and smooth like a lemon curd it's gritty and dry. I don't know how they managed to make a pudding that is dry but they did it.
The bottom layer is an I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Graham-Crackers" again they are dry and this batch was borderline stale.

I am glad I tried it but I should have stuck with the chocolate.

PURCHASED FROM:
KFC


No comments: