Monday, December 3, 2007

Ice Breakers Pacs- Orange

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
No, really officer really I was holding them for a friend!

I came across these at Target tonight. Actually to tell the truth I wasn't sure what they were when I bought them but the package was cool so I figured I could use it for something if the innards weren't good.

As it turns out whats inside is a sort of breath mint. Pacs are little tabs made of two Listerine style strips that have a filling of flavored powder that dissolves on contact with your tongue.
Hershey's (Ice Breakers parent company) is under some heat at the moment because law officials, parents groups, etc have said that the mints (referred to as pouches on the packaging) bares a close resembles to street drug packaging. I have to admit that even nerdy little me thought the same thing when I opened the package. See for yourself with a picture of the mint flavor:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Not sure how Marketing got that past Legal but we'll put that aside for a second.

So what is having a Pac actually like?
When you put the pouch on your tongue the Xylitol outer package starts to melt away and the Tang like powder melts into an orangy river on your tongue that actually feels cold for a couple of seconds!. In terms of flavor Tang again is the first thing that comes to mind.

I liked these enough to add them to my work breath freshener stash!

And here is the rest of it.

No comments: