Friday, December 28, 2007

Starbucks Drinking Chocolate- Marshmellows

Photobucket
This may be the most half assed review yet!
Photobucket
Why could this be such a lame review you ask?
Well because as the package so clearly states this was supposed to be about drinking chocolate and to be honest this didn't last long enough to get drunk.

I don;t know if I am in a test market area for this stuff but I could find very little out there about the drinking chocolate line. As you can see from the picture above the product is composed of small chunks of chocolate- and since this is the marshmellow version these chunks are studded with tiny mini 'mellows. I think you are supposed to use about 2 table spoons poured into warm milk (or possibly water)

I say "supposed" because I could not resist trying one of the chunks on their own unmelted- and once I did that so did everyone else at my Christmas party. WOW were the unmelted chips good! The chunks are made with a dark, rich chocolate that has just the slightest hint of a bitter edge. The marshmellows melt as soon as they hit then tongue. they were the perfect size for popping and the creamy melt kept people coming back for more.

One of these days I might get around to buying a box and drinking some but let me tell you this make a good snack out of the box as is!

PURCHASED FROM:
Publix Supermarket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love drinking chocolate! I found a lot of info and good recipes at http://www.drinkingchocolates.com. They even have flavorings you can add like raspberry and irish crème. Yum! The Italian Style Drinking Chocolate at drinkingchocolates.com is so delicious - better than any cocoa mix I've ever had at least.