Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dreyers/Edy's Fun Flavors- Vanilla Sandwich

Photobucket
What's the best part of an ice cream sandwich? to me it's when the sandwich base is all soft and smooshy. Of course that also leads to the worst part- when that soft and smooshy sandwich permanently attaches it's self to your fingers
Seriously, what do they really make those sandwiches out of?- they are impossible to get rid of!! Dreyer's (Edy's to those of you back east) has found a way to give me my favorite part of the ice cream sandwich experience and not have to sand blast myself afterwards. The Vanilla Sandwich flavor is a vanilla base (gee, whouda thunk it) with chunks of ice cream sandwich cookie mixed in.

The ice cream it's self doesn't have the strongest vanilla flavor. I found it to be mostly generically sweet (pretty much just like a real ice cream sandwich) the star here is the sandwich bits. They are just what I love- soft, smooshy, vaguely chocolaty. And the pieces are surprisingly big- I mean they are Ben & Jerry's chunk size big!

While I would have liked the ice cream a bit more if there and more a stronger vanilla base the chunks are so good you won't hear me complain.

PURCHASED FROM:
Albertsons Supermarket

1 comment:

Megan said...

"Of course that also leads to the worst part- when that soft and smooshy sandwich permanently attaches it's self to your fingers"

Ugh, I hate that, too.