Saturday, January 3, 2009

Jacques Torres Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries

Photobucket
As you can probably tell from the picture we didn't like these at all!
Actually, we have been fighting over the tube!
Having never had Jacque Torres chocolate before- and now seriously questioning how I managed to survive such a bleak and dark period of my life- I can safely say I am a convert.

The cherries are whole cherries enrobbed in dark chocolate. The chocolate it's self is a little woodsy and spicy, but at the same time you can taste the subtle sweetness of the vanilla (REAL vanilla might I add). The melt is exceptionally smooth and creamy for dark chocolate.

The cherries are perfectly sour- just a great contrast to the sweetness of the chocolate. They also are remarkably juicy for dried fruit.

I don't think any future chocolate covered cherry will ever live up to these.
And now I have to make a point to get to one of the two Torres locations before I leave the city.

PURCHASED FROM:
Christmas Gift

No comments: