Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mini Chill



I may be the perfect reviewer for Mini Chill.

I'm kinda like one of those little hyper yappy dogs. I am always trying to do five different things at once and usually making more noise than one should ever expect. My days are stressful and long, and as anyone who reads my tweets can tell you, I have bad insomnia. If anyone needs to chill, it's me.



According to the makers of Mini Chill, the two-ounce Mini Chill shot offers tension relief, a break from anxiety and stress, AND improved focus without drowsiness or having to drink a big ass can of somethin' somethin'. They do this through something they developed called "Relarian," which is a blend of amino acids, herbs, and possibly fairy dust! (OK, I made that last part up.)



Let's start with the flavor.

It's described as "Berry Bliss" flavor. It reminded me of a mix of blueberry and grape juice. Only slightly sweet, but in a good way. There is a little tartness, but not enough that it causes a pucker effect. I actually would drink this in a larger portion.

While the shot doesn't need to actually be chilled, I have tried it at both room temperature and after being in the fridge. It's good both ways, but I liked it a little more at room temp. The flavor is more vibrant.

So, did it make me chill? Well, I did feel more calm and relaxed afterwards. Honestly, I am not sure if I got that way because of the shot itself, or because drinking the shot forced me to take a break and focus on me rather than on everything else. And you know what? Either way I ended up feeling more relaxed, so I am going to call that a plus.

I really liked these!

As of right now you can purchase them directly from Mini Chill by clicking here, or if you are lucky enough to be in New York City, they can also be found in some stores in the East Village.




No comments: