Sunday, June 3, 2007

Ben & Jerry's Black and Tan

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I used to be a huge..er..big...enthusiastic Ben and Jerry's fan.
I say 'was' because I noticed a change in the quality of the ice cream after being purchased by Unilever in 2000 (Unilever interestingly enough also owns Slim-Fast). I am beyond lactose intolerant (forget things like Lactaid it just does not work on me) but I am an Ice Cream lover to the max- but if I am going to go through the pain and suffering that the ice cream will bring it had better be damned good (and YES sometimes it is just SOOOOO worth it)

Ben & Jerry's has just not been as rich and creamy as it once was and it also seems to have picked up a chemically after taste. Even still I can't resist trying new flavors when they come out. Yeah 'Marsha Marsha Marshmallow' was pretty gross, 'Brownie Batter' should never be discussed but I have to give them points for 'Black & Tan' flavor.

It is a stout flavored cream with swirls of chocolate running through. It's beer, it's chocolate, it's ice cream- what's not to love!!
The taste is more of a chocolate malt then beer but it is a smooth, full taste. It's no Cold Stone Creamery 'Cake Batter' but it is well worth a lick.

Originally posted 4-6-06

No comments: