Monday, October 6, 2008

Dreyer's Pumpkin Ice Cream Limited Edition

Photobucket
I told you guys I love pumpkin!
I still remember my first scoop of pumpkin ice cream it was roughly 1986 and it was at Baskin Robbins. Since then it has become a yearly traditon.

This year I picked up a container of Dreyer's (Edy's for those of you back east).
While the ice cream it's self is more airated and not as creamy as I prefer my ice cream to be (Haagen Daazs has spoiled me) what they lacked in mouthfeel they more then made up for in flavor.

The flavor certainly has a heart pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg what I like most about it is that the pumpkin it's self is what really stands out. If you have ever eaten pumpkin puree straight from the can (What?! I can't possibly have been the only one) this ice cream tastes as close to that as possible. It's warm and spicy but there is a distinct squashy quality to it.

If you have never had pumpkin ice cream before this is a good place to start.

PURCHASED FROM:
Albertsons Supermarket



No comments: