Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Red Bull Cola

Photobucket
I have been waiting for this to hit stores in SoCal since I saw billboards for it in Las Vegas in June (WHY did I not pick some up then?!)
What has me so intrigued by Red Bull Cola is that it is free of preservatives, mystery chemicals and features all natural ingredients and flavors. In fact, all of the ingredients are on the can and are easily pronounced! AND it contains REAL sugar and not HFCS (much like Jones Soda products)

AND the cola flavoring comes from both the Kola nut and the Coca leaf.
So how did this 12 ounce can of wonderful actually fare?

First the smell. It's spicy- woodsy even (which sounds weird if you compare it to the big 2 colas)

The carbonation is very light but it could still be called bubbly.
I have to say the first word that came to mind with the flavor was "complex". You can pick up the heat from the ginger, the licorice is one of the first flavors you taste and that blends into the lemon. It starts bitter and ends sweet, well that doesn't really explain it either, not so much sweet but less bitter.

What I did not like about it is the after taste. If you are into herbal, bitterness then you probably would love it. I am kind of a sissy for that stuff so it was not a selling point for me.

If this is how "real" cola is supposed to taste then it truly shows Coke and Pepsi's versions to be the red headed stepchild that they may be.

However, as an actual real life red headed stepchild myself, I have to admit that my heart still belongs to Kosher for Passover Coke (AKA Coke with pure cane sugar) and for my daily drinking Coke Zero.

True Cola fans and those who try to keep their diet as natural as possible should not miss this.


PURCHASED FROM:
Jay's Shell Station Monrovia, Ca






1 comment:

Richard said...

Got one at a 7-11 in El Segundo next to LAX, and now im really annoyed that I can't find it anywhere else! Get this stuff wide!! Its the best energy drink out there!