Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Reese's Peanut Butter Bar

Photobucket
I am just guessing that "peanut butter bar" is the name of this bar because there is no name on it!
Maybe the people over at Reese's figured they didn't need to name it. Maybe they thought just slapping the Reese's name on it was enough. At least I am not alone in thinking that. The always fab Cybele recently reviewed the bar (read her review- with MUCH better photo's then mine HERE).

When it comes to my Reese's products I tend to prefer a higher peanut butter to chocolate ratio- example I love the Reese's egg's at Easter. Looking at this bar before trying it got the impression that there was going to be way too much chocolate to peanut for my taste... and I was right.

The bar is segmented into easy to break off squares. The chocolate is roughly double that of the standard Reese's cup. While the peanut butter is roughly half as much as normal. The chocolate is the too sweet milk chocolate that again I can take in small quantities. The peanut butter is a the classic crumbly, slightly salty, yet cream peanut butter we all know and love from Reese's.

This is one of those products that I am more or less indifferent towards. I would never pick this over the cup version but if I just had to have Reese's I would begrudgingly get it. Other then the product being out there simply for the sake of having another Reese's branded product on the shelf I don't really see a point for it.

You can also check out Candy Yum Yum!'s review HERE

PURCHASED FROM:
Walgreens


1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh dear - I don't think I would like this much, not being a fan of Reese's milk chocolate and all! The more peanut butter the better in my book!

Jim