Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Claim Jumper Spicy Chicken Tenders

Photobucket
I LOVE going to Claim Jumper for dinner. If you have one locally you should probably be there right now rather then sitting here reading my blog... no wait, read then go.

Sadly, I don't get to eat there nearly as much as I would like to- especially being on an extremely tight budget lately. But lucky for me they do have a line of frozen items that tend to be on the salty side but still pretty good.

That led me to try the spicy chicken tenders.
The tenders themselves are decently sized. Smaller then what you might get at the actual restaurant but about on par with fast food tenders. The batter is a light corn meal like breading. I am not sure what they decided made the tenders spicy- there does seem to be a little extra black pepper. I have chocolate in my stash that is spicier then these tenders. The flavors not bad, it's just not spicy.

The chicken is plump and the coating did get reasonably Crispy in the oven.
Are these as good as actually going to Claim Jumper... no, but for heat and eat they are decent.

These did come with a bar-b-que sauce but I couldn't bring myself to try it.

PURCHASED FROM:
Albertsons Supermarket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The claim Jumper Vodka Penne Chicken is one of my favorite frozen meals. Worth a look if you find it.

Megan said...

I love Claim Jumper frozen meals. I used to buy them when I lived in Alaska. My favorite was the one with chicken, noodles and breadcrumbs. So yummy.