Friday, December 12, 2008

Haagen-Daazs Rocky Road Ice Cream

Photobucket
Believe it or not I have made it to the ripe old age of thirty something having never tried Rocky Road ice cream.
I love chocolate, I love marshmallows and I like almonds. Here's the thing though, I tend not to like almonds and chocolate together and I really don't like nuts in my ice cream. Your probably wondering why at this point I am even trying this.

Good question. I have been making an effort to try things I have previously said I didn't like. I have to say that Haagen-Daazs isn't making it easy to still call nuts in ice cream "icky"

The base of the ice cream is classic Haagen-Daazs chocolate. It's got that strong cocoa base too it. The almonds were lightly salted, roasted and crunchy- if all the previous nuts I had had in ice creams past had been this good I would not have spent all these years avoiding them... well except walnuts. I HATE walnut.

The best part hands down is the marshmallow swirls. It's sweet. There's a touch of vanilla, it's a little sticky. From a texture stand point I think I would have loved it if they had used actual mini-marshmallows but I am not complaining.

I am definitely pointing this flavor into my rotation.

PURCHASED FROM:
Albertsons Supermarket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love me some Rocky Road ice cream, but I can't ever eat it without hearing that "Rocky Road" line from The Goonies. Whether that makes the experience better or worse depends on how much of a geek you are, I suppose.

Unknown said...

Ok embarrassing confession time- also at the ripe old age of thirty-something I have also never seen "the Goonies"- Tim I can already hear you laughing and saying "WHAT?!- G how have you never seen Goonies?!"

The answer is I have no answer. Really there is no reason other then I just never got around to watching it.