Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nestles Abuelita Syrup

Photobucket
Back in March I discovered Abuelita Mexican Hot Chocolate (read all about it HERE
I am not sure how long the Abuelita syrup has been out- there was not much info on the Nestle site- but I saw it tonight when I went to restock my reserve of the powdered mix.

I have to take medicine before I go to sleep and every night I do that with a glass of Lactaid milk and some nights chocolate syrup has been known to make it's way into the glass. The Abulita syrup is made for (amongst other things) cold drinks!

When you open the bottle the first thing you smell is the cinnamon. Strong and spicy.
While the chocolate it clearly here it seems to be more subtle then it is in the hot version. At first it is almost disappointing- but the more you drink the more you notice the dark, cocoa notes. After a few sips you start to wonder why you thought the syrup was all cinnamon in the first place.

My normal chocolate syrup has some competition!

PURCHASED FROM:
Albertsons Supermarket


And here is the rest of it.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I was thinking of buying some of that for my mother. Glad to know someone else likes it.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone else tried it - I used to buy the chocolate tablets, but the syrup is equally amazing. I found some online for a good price at www.salsanachos.com Great blog, keep up the work!