Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Harlekijntjes Sweet Licorice

Photobucket
Admittedly after the Ikea Nordic Sweets Salt Licorice I was worried I might be up for a repeat performance.
Luckily that was not the case.

The Harlekijntjes are about the the size of a quarter and have little faces molded into them. They are soft to the touch but not overly smooshy.

Flavor wise they are indeed mild and sweet. There is just a touch of salt- which in this case it's perfect. The main flavor is more like anise or licorice root then the molasses-like quality of Panda. There is just enough heat to the licorice to make it interesting but it doesn't overwhelm.

I wish I had started here with my first Dutch licorices, if I had I probably wouldn't have waited so long to try another. The aftertaste is great. It's long lasting and just leaves you with a fresh feeling.

PURCHASED FROM:
The Dutch Bakery Ontario Cal
Visit they're website!: Dutch Variety Foods

1 comment:

Katja said...

That is a good licorice! To me the salty version (blue bag) tast almost the same!