Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Cheesecake Factory Fried Macaroni & Cheese

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yes, I know that fried mac & cheese sounds right up there with the innumeral atrocities to food committed by Rachael Ray...

But if you have not tried it yet your life is just a sad shell of what it could be.
Can I please shake the hand of the person who got the idea to deep fry the gooey goodness that is mac & cheese?!

I have had a few places versions but Cheesecake factory has had the best with consistent quality. They use 5 different type of cheese. The pasta is al dente and the frying creates a perfect sphere of crunchy, salty, cheese. It is served on a river of creamy red sauce (well, to be picky it's more like pink sauce)

I have no idea what it is but I am sure the calorie count must be horrific. Clearly this is a sometime food. They come served in balls of four and love them as I do even I can only eat about 1 1/2 balls so be prepared to share.

They aren't highbrow, they don't even pretend to have any sort of nutritional value- and your friends might even tease you about ordering them. I promise by the end of the first bite none of that is going to matter.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

These really ARE amazing. You are right in saying the calorie count is horrific! Here is nutritional information I found for them:

Serving Size: 1 dish
Amount per Serving:
Calories 2000

Total Fat 65g
Saturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 300mg
Sodium 2400mg
Potassium 0mg
Total Carbohydrate 300g
Dietary Fiber 25g
Sugars 50g
Protein 50g
Vitamin A 5000%
Vitamin C 600%
Calcium 1000%
Iron 18%

Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 29.2% Carbs 60.0%
Protein 10.0%

If someone stumbles across the recipe I'd love to try it!

Unknown said...

I think my arteries hardened just reading that!

I did find Paula Deen's version of the recipe and you can check that out
HERE

Unknown said...

2000 calories a serving haha thats hilarious!