Friday, October 12, 2007

Jones Soda- Black Cat Licorice

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Finally a soda that matches my wardrobe!

OK, OK, maybe I am just biased because something so sleek and jet black has got to be cool. Besides that I love black licorice. Of course it could just be my inner lush- I have been known to drink Sambuca/Anisette from time to time.

What ever the reason may be this is an interesting drink. As you probably guessed from the name Black Cat licorice is a black licorice flavored soda. When you open the bottle if you give it a nice sniff- don't look at me like that! I know I am not the only one to smell my soda. Anyway, if you give it a whiff you get just the tiniest sign of the licorice flavor of the soda.
The best way to describe the taste is to think of a pure cane sugar cola with just a hint of black licorice flavor in the back ground.

It is a little too sweet for me to drink the entire 12 oz bottle in one sitting (getting old) but it is good enough that I plan on nursing it throughout the night- and since it is caffeine free I can do that and still get to sleep before 4:00 a.m.

Try it!- and if you don't like it send your extra's to me!

No comments: