Saturday, October 6, 2007

Yoplait Fizzix Yogurt

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Fizzy yogurt?


I wasn't aware that somewhere out there in the cold dark world a child sat weeping, thinking that if only the Go-gurt tube in their lunch would fizz they wouldn't feel the need to trade it for some of that sugary bliss that hussy Little Debbi is pushing.

That is probably not how Yoplait R&D came up with Fizzix, but my version is probably more interesting. Being the mature grown up that I am I had been perusing the yogurt section for something like healthy and diet friendly like Activia- however, my inner 9 year old saw the Fizzix and whined until I broke down and bought it. I ended up with the Blue Raspberry/ Strawberry Watermelon combo in my cart.

The Fizz:
What I was expecting fizz-wise was Pop Rocks suspended in yogurt. I am not sure why I thought it would be that extreme of a fizz. It is not but I would have liked it if it was.
No, rather then the rapid popping and fizzing of Pop Rocks what you get is more like soft fizzy sparkling wine or lightly carbonated water. Coupled with the cool, creamy yogurt on your tongue it is still an interesting sensation even if it is not very strong. I did notice that if you stick your tongue out (with the yogurt on it of course) that the fizz does get stronger- but that does not exactly make you the most popular person in the room if you are not eating alone.

The flavors:
Blue Raspberry. This is clearly a raspberry aimed at kids. It is super mild to the point it would be more aptly named "I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Raspberry and sweet. It's not bad, it's just not anything special- and hey it is blue! there are just not enough blue foods out there!

Watermelon. If Jolly Rancher made a yogurt this would be it! artificial and tart the foodie in me is embarrassed to admit it but I really did like this flavor.

I could see where these could be a good way to get kids to eat yogurt- and for those of us old enough to know better they make a tasty treat.

No comments: