Friday, February 8, 2008

Diet Dr. Pepper Chocolate Cherry Soda- Limited Edition

Photobucket
I have to admit it has taken me 3 bottles of this soda to decide what I thought about it.

I've said this a few times about other chocolate items. Sometimes the idea of the product is better then the product it's self. That is how I tend to feel about chocolate soda's.

The smell is the first thing that hits you. It is like a grenadine covered tootsie pop was left out in the sun- and oddly enough that's not a bad thing.

If you were expecting any type of a Dr. Pepper type taste, give that up now. That is one of the reason's it took me so many times to get a handle on if I liked this or not. The first few sips it tastes like liquid Tootsie Roll mixed with flat Cherry Coke. The interesting thing is that the more you drink as you get used to the taste it really does start to taste like a chocolate covered cherry!
Specially one of those liquid filled Cella cherries- which I happen to love. The chocolate taste is strong enough that this would even satisfy a chocolate craving.
It's lightly carbonated which works well for this flavor and personally I did not notice a strong taste from the artificial sweetener.

I ended up really liking this soda the more I drank (even though I do admit it was not love at first taste) I have not tried it but I bet it would be wonderful with ice cream (which kinda makes the whole purpose of diet soda redundant but...)

PURCHASED FROM:
Kroger

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on reviewing this myself. It took me forever to actually find some here in NY. I'm on my first can, and so far, I really don't know what to make of it. It sure is red.

Unknown said...

I hear you it took me three cans to get a handle on it. By the end of the second bottle I was pretty sure I liked it.
I think what made it so hard was that it taste's absolutely nothing like Dr. Pepper.

What's your site? (I love to read other review sites)

Anonymous said...

I'm on to my second fridge pack of this stuff now, and still don't know what I think of it. I figure I must like it because I keep drinking it, but the flavor is hard to describe.

My site is www.whatthedeuce.com (I believe you linked back to my hillside review). I don't do a ton of food reviews, but I'm about to begin work on a series of reviews of multiple Keurig K-cup single serve coffee flavors.