Thursday, February 7, 2008

Twix- Java Limited Edition

Photobucket
I have been wanting to try this for months, ever since the always fab Cybele at Candy Blog mentioned it months ago (read her review HERE
I love the idea of coffee flavored chocolate I just haven't found one I love.
The Twix is a coffee flavored caramel on a chocolate cookie coated in milk chocolate.

I liked the smell. It's deep and when the bar is still on broken you get just the slightest hint of coffee. Once you bite or break the bar the coffee aroma is more intense.

I loved this bar!
The coffee being in the caramel keeps it from being over bearing or bitter - and at the same time that balances the sweetness of both the chocolate and the caramel. The caramel is what makes this bar.
The chocolate is smooth and creamy. The cookie was crisp and crumbly. I can't say I tasted a real chocolate flavor to it but it was good none the less.

I would love to see them make this a regular part of the Twix line because it is that good.

PURCHASED FROM:
Publix Supermarket
But also seen locally at: Kroger and Walgreens

2 comments:

Cybele said...

I still haven't seen these in stores. Where did you find yours?

Unknown said...

I got mine at my local Publix Market but I have also seen them at Kroger (Ralphs for you guys back home)