Friday, February 29, 2008

Little Debbie 100 Calorie Nutty Buddy Bars

Photobucket
A new take on an old favorite
I Have said before that I love the idea of the 100 calorie products. Yes, I know that it is really not all that hard to proportion your own low calorie servings but lets be honest. Sometimes you just don't want to have to actually think about it and that is when the 100 calorie snacks come in especially handy.

My thanks to Leigh Anne with Little Debbie for bringing these to my attention and for sending out samples to try.

Being a fan of the regular version I was excited to see a lower calorie option.
The 100 calorie versions come in individually wrapped single fingers. The sugar wafers are crisp. The peanut butter is smooth, it is on the sweet side but with this product it works. And the whole thing is enrobed in whats described as a fudge topping. It is a very thin layer, but it has a good flavor and I would rather have a thin layer of real cocoa then a thicker coating of mocklate any day.

I really like this as a 100 calorie option. Honestly I prefer these over the "full" version. I like the proportion of the layers more (it seems less sweet to me, which I consider a plus.) Yum!

PURCHASED FROM:
Sample From Company



No comments: