Sunday, February 24, 2008

Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Photobucket
Chocolate Chocolate Chip is another of those classic flavors that I have over looked for too long.
But since being sick once I could taste again I found myself craving familiar comfort foods and there was just something that sounded so- well soothing as weird as that sounds about this flavor.

This is another great example of how good a classic can be in the hands of master's. It's wonderful in it's simplicity. The base ice cream is a dutch chocolate. Rich and just the tiniest bit on t bitter side. It keeps it from being cloyingly sweet like store brands can be.

The chocolate chips are the star of the show though. Bitter sweet chips of chocolate that are so fresh they still have a fantastic satisfying snap to them when you bite in. I loved this!
I could go on but it would be over kill. Just get a pint, sit back and enjoy.

PURCHASED FROM:
Kroger (Ralph's depending on your location)

No comments: