Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Haagen-Dazs Cookies & Cream Ice Cream

Photobucket
If anyone could do justice to yet another classic it would be Haagen Dazs

The thing with cookies and cream ice cream tends to be with the exception of Coldstone Creamery's version you tend to get stuck with something where either the ice cream or the cookies are good but it is always one or the other. Examples- Oreo ice cream. The cookies as expected are great- it's an Oreo how could it be bad?!. The ice cream not so much. On the other side Edy's/Dreyer's decent ice cream, mediocre cookies.

How did the Haagen-Dazs stand up?
The ice cream it's self was good. A nice strong vanilla. Bonus point's to Haagen-Dazs for using REAL vanilla. What seemed weird is that this particular ice cream seems to be more aerated then Haagen-Dazs is as a rule. I could have skipped that, but it was not a total deal breaker.
The cookies were eh. I wonder if they are Hydrox knock offs. They don't taste exactly like an Oreo (the palm oil stands out more) but the visable markings are damn close. The cookies in my pint were on the smaller side but they were nice and soft.

I liked this Cookies & Cream but to be honest I didn't notice much if any differance between this version and the Edy's/Dreyers. Honestly if I were feeling cheap I would just get the Edy's/Dreyers.

PURCHASED FROM:
Publix Supermarket


1 comment:

Ray said...

I was very disappointed with this flavour and I adore Haagen Dazs Ice Cream in general. I thought they were especially skimpy with the cookies!