Monday, March 24, 2008

Mieszko Gems- Rum

Photobucket
As if rum and chocolate could possibly be bad!

I loved the Orange Brandy Mieszko Gems and have been hording my small stash of them. I have some of the other flavors on hand and decided now was as good a time as any to pull out another one to try.

I went with the Rum Gem because it just sounded plain good.
It's a pretty dome of milk chocolate and if it smells half as good as it tastes then I will be very happy. It actually smells vaugely coconutty- while I may not like non-toasted coconut I do like the smell.

The filling is a smooth chocolate creme, even if there was no rum in it the filling would still be good. The filling is cool on the tongue and there is not a doubt that there is actual rum in the candy. It is so strong that you actually get the burn from the alcohol. The flavor is great but it's just too much rum.




No comments: