Monday, March 31, 2008

Hershey's Extra Dark 60% Cacao Bar

Photobucket
This chocolate would make great cookies!
I have had this bar just laying around for about three months now. Every time I would think about trying it something else always seemed more interesting or tasty. Today however, it just looked pretty good. I wanted something strong and a little bitter.

Taste wise the bar reminded me of a more bitter Nestle Toll House Morsel. Is has a nice crisp snap. Because of the high cacao content there is of course not a
smooth melt. The pieces more or less crumble in your mouth.

Honestly, this is not a bar I would reach for for snacking purposes or chocolate cravings- but it would be a good choice for baking or for garnishing.

And yes, of course because it is dark chocolate it has many health benefits so that is another point in it's favor!

PURCHASED FROM:
Kroger (Ralph's depending on your location)

No comments: