Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dr. Pepper Cherry

Photobucket
I have been hoping for some time now that Dr. Pepper would bring back the Chocolate Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper
Now admittedly it was not love at first sip with that flavor- but it grew on me and quickly became a favorite.

I know that the cherry flavor has been out for a while. My brother is a big fan of it. I was in the mood for something different so I decided to give it a try.

The first thing I did was give it a good smell. It just smells like a slightly stronger version of regular Dr. Pepper.
On first sip the thing that stood way out was the HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) I think because I seldom drink soda that isn't diet that when do I drink something that isn't diet and is sweetened with corn syrup it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. HFCS while I can deal with it for the first few sips just has an aftertaste- it's sweet yes, but it ends with almost a bitter note.

It doesn't taste a heck of a lot different from "normal" Dr. Pepper. The cherry flavor is just more pronounced. The cherry flavor seems to be more of the slightly sour, soda fountain syrup type- kinda like what smaller fast food places of family diner style use for old timey cherry soda's. I am more of a fan of the sweeter maraschino type cherry flavoring .

I will have to give the diet version a try just to see how much a difference the type of sweetener makes to me. This flavors not bad, but I prefer the original personally.


PURCHASED FROM:
Local Shell Station



No comments: