Thursday, June 19, 2008

Frosted Mini Wheats- Blueberry Muffin

Photobucket
I know I am always saying there is not enough blue food...
I am torn about it if cereal makes me regret that or not.

We all know I love blueberry, I love cereal. The two of them should be pretty good right? Yeah, that's what I thought too.

Like the traditional frosted mini wheat the blueberry muffin variety has one "nekkid" side and one side that is frosted in a combo of sugar and blueberry. It DOES in fact taste like a blueberry muffin- a muffin that was designed by a food scientist that never actually ate a real muffin. For the first few seconds it's in your mouth it is pretty good. But the problem is that 'good' quickly becomes "chemical aftertaste from hell" And if you are the type who likes to drink your extra cereal milk be warned- it will taste kind of like grated Flintstones vitamins (only less good)
- but it is blue!

Great idea, could have been a good flavor but it just doesn't work.


PURCHASED FROM:
Albertsons Supermarket




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might have bought these,but now after reading this i'll pass. Thanks for the heads up!!

Anonymous said...

your trippin
these are the shit!!

Anonymous said...

I concur, you trippin! These could be the greatst invention since the wheel, or maybe the fulcrum.

Unknown said...

Well I am glad some people out there liked them!- I just wish I had been one of them. I did end up finishing the box, they just never grew on me. Which disappointed me because I love blueberry.

Oh well. That just means more for the rest of you!

Anonymous said...

your review fails because these are delicious

Unknown said...

If it makes everyone feel better even my own Brother thought I was nuts for not liking these. I dunno, I gave them a second shot and I still didn't like it. Again more for you guys!

Anonymous said...

i accidentally got them today and to my surprise they were really delicious. I was looking around to see if anyone else thought so, so ran into this post, im sorry that you felt they weren't good. The blueberry muffin mini-wheats would be in my all time top 4 cereals.

Unknown said...

Sorry, but this cereal is vile!

DenyReality said...

omg.. I never expected anyone to remotely like this cereal. I LOVE mini wheats, and bought three boxes of blueberry as that was all they had. I could not imagine the experience of trying to eat it to be so bad. If I knew what windex tasted like, this would be it. The after taste is horrific and does not go away. I got sick forcing myself to eat a few mouthfuls as I figured I just have to get used to it. But gave up. It took several hours to get the taste to go away. I brushed, ate different food, lemons, peanut butter. etc. it stayed no matter what. So i'm glad I am not the only one. YUCK!

Unknown said...

MickeyJoe:
What are you planning to do with the other two boxes?

If I were my Grandmother (and completely politically incorrect) I would suggest sending then to starving kids in Africa but I honestly think they would send it back.

Do parents still use that as a threat to get kids to eat?-- Mine were none too happy the day I boxed up the food I didn't like and volunteered to send it myself.