Sunday, June 8, 2008

5-Hour Energy Shot

Photobucket
Kids, sometimes I do crazy things in order to bring you a good review... and sometimes I do crazy things just for the hell of it.
I want to tell you that I drank the 5-Hour energy shot simply to review it for you. But no. I drank it because I worked a really weird schedule this weekend and my insomnia is back in full force. Out of desperation before a daunting dinner shift that otherwise my butt would have been dragging on I picked up said 5-Hour Energy.

The ad's that seem to be on every 3 minutes promises instant energy with no jitters and no crash. It also promises to taste great.

I want to meet the person who said it tasted great. Great compared to what? Old tuna?, Pre-chewed gum?. Alright, that's a little unfair of me. It's not that it tastes bad. It's just that the best way of describing the flavor is to say that it's like a Red Bull for people who thought Red Bull was too sweet. That probably says it all. If not- it's really bitter!

Did it work?
Why yes it did! And it did work within minutes. All of a sudden I had more energy then I knew what to do with. I wasn't jittery per say, but I COULD NOT stay still- which my coworkers found funny. In fairness to 5-Hour Energy I had drank it with minimal food and in my old age I have less and less tolerance to caffeine. In fact, I drank the shot at 3:15 PM and come 3:00 AM I was still ready to go- but I felt awake and alert not wired or cloudy headed. As promised there was no crash and when I woke up the next day there were no lingering effects.

Because of my weenie-like response to caffeine I personally couldn't make this a regular part of my daily grind- but I would have no problem using it again if I needed a fast shot of energy (and not sleeping over the course of the next 16 hours were not an issue!)

PURCHASED FROM:
Jay's Shell Station Monrovia, Ca


2 comments:

Unknown said...

god this would play havoc with my body....a cup of coffee is enough to make me go tingly and bursting with energy...i could probably run a few marathons on this stuff...then collapse in a bed for a few days :S :S

Jim

Whats an update on the 'crash' situation?It chaught up with you yet?

Unknown said...

I wish coffee were enough. I think my Quad Latte days killed that!

No crash after effects at all... Well unless you want to count my co-workers teasing about talking a mile a minute that day (not sure when or IF I am going to live that down!)