Friday, June 20, 2008

Skinny Cow Vanilla with Caramel Ice Cream Cones

Photobucket
Since I liked the mint and fudge cones so much I decided to give the vanilla a try.
As much as I liked the mint cone I disliked the vanilla. Let's start with the ice cream it's self. As I was expecting it was very airy and lacked any of the rich, fatty mouth feel that say Ben & Jerry's would have- but I was expecting that. It is after all light ice cream and aimed at those watching the weight. The flavor is a weird mix of absolutely nothing- and then there is a chemical aftertaste. I don't really understand how something with no flavor can have an after taste but it did.

Then there is the "caramel". Oh it looks like caramel, it smells like caramel and it all almost tastes like caramel. But the texture was off. Too liquidy, and again it tasted more like a scientific version of caramel then real caramel.

The cone is the best part. Crispy and sweet. It's good but it doesn't make up for the rest of the cone not being.

PURCHASED FROM:
Albertsons Supermarket


No comments: